This Creates Structure Which Is Calming For Your Brain

What you want to avoid is going overboard, where you end up with a lot of one sentence paragraphs. That’s when it becomes awkward. So switch things up, use a one sentence paragraph for emphasis, but default to anywhere from two to five sentences per paragraph.


If you want to see an example of this, take a look at one of my posts: “10 Simple Steps to Building a Thriving Lifestyle Business” (http://www.wakeupcloud.com/10-steps-to-a-lifestyle-business/).


You’ll notice that I don’t follow the two to five sentence rule religiously. You don’t have to, either. Use whatever works and discard the rest. You make up your own rules. Always remember that.


2. Use Subheadings


Look at the way I’ve written this book, I use chapters and in each chapter I have subheadings to break things up. This creates structure, which is calming for your brain. It also helps you navigate to parts that you find interesting.


It keeps you reading, because each subheading is a small packet of information that you can gobble up and enjoy, much like those small desserts you can’t stop eating.


If you want to make your subheadings powerful, look at them as secondary headlines, and write them as such. I personally don’t, because it takes too much time. There are people who say I should, but I don’t enjoy it, so I don’t do it.